Installing a security system can be costly, but not installing one could cost you even more in the long run. Whether you live in an apartment or in a house in Greenport, having a professionally installed and monitored security system is highly beneficial. Greenport residences need to be prepared for incidents that could potentially lead to loss or destruction of their homes and possessions. The top five major benefits of having a professionally installed and monitored security system are as follows:
- Intruders: Homes in Greenport without security systems are more likely to be targeted by intruders. Having a professionally installed and monitored security system in place helps provide families with enough warning to get them outside the home to a safe location if an intruder were to come inside the house. The alarm system also notifies the authorities in the event of a break in.
- Fires: Monitored security systems offer an early warning system to fire outbreaks in a household. Not only will a monitored security system warn the home occupants of smoke in the house, but they will also identify the source of the heat and contact the authorities.
- Carbon Monoxide: Carbon Monoxide is colorless odorless gas that is a by-product of combustion fumes which if not detected can be fatal. Leaks of carbon monoxide can be discovered by CO detectors that can be purchased alone or as a part of a monitored security system. The benefits of having a carbon monoxide monitored security system is that it provides emergency service dispatch as well as calling the paramedics to help treat carbon monoxide poison symptoms. The faster a person can receive medical treatment, the less severe the poisoning symptoms will be.
- Save on Homeowners insurance: In Greenport, homeowners insurance is a mandatory part of becoming a homeowner in most cases. This type of insurance is designed to cover private homes and possessions from loss or damage that might have occurred to the homeowner. Homes that have installed a monitored security system are generally given a significant discount on the price of insurance.
- Digital Eye: With the latest technology, homeowners are now able to access their security systems through smartphones or computers. This system allows the home security system to be remotely alarmed and disarmed, cameras to be monitored, lights to be turned on and off, motion to be detected, and temperature setting of the house to be changed.
Facts to Consider While Installing a Monitored Security System in Greenport
By now, you’ve probably have come to the conclusion that you need to professionally install a monitored security system in your household. Here are some bonus facts and benefits:
- House fires are one of the leading causes of fatal home injury in Greenport.
- Not only do security systems protect family and possessions, but also provide protection for pets.
- Some Monitored Security Systems are equipped with outdoor cameras to allow for homeowners to see who is at their front door without going close to it or even not being home at the time.
- Homes with Monitored Security Systems installed have quicker emergency response time because they directly contact authorities if there has been a trigger to the alarm system.
- Z-wave is the new standard among home monitored security systems. Z-wave devices create a mesh network and thereby eliminate the need for a large antenna and power draw.